Re: [Xen-devel] Driver domains and hotplug scripts, redux

On Tue, 2012-01-31 at 09:57 +0000, Roger Pau Monné wrote:

> What I don't get is what you do when you have to boot a PV DomU which
> root HDD is on the driver domain. Dom0 needs the kernel/initrd from
> the HDD (usually extracted using pygrub). Since the HDD is inside the
> driver domain, Dom0 doesn't have access to that image, so there's no
> way to extract the kernel/initrd from the Dom0.

The usual way to deal with is to create a vbd device in dom0 (or which
ever domain runs pygrub) which attached to the backend domain and pass
that to pygrub. This is the sort of thing libxl_device_disk_local_attach
would be expected to handle.

Ian.