Re: [Xen-devel] Xen4.2 S3 regression?

>>> On 16.08.12 at 12:37, Ben Guthro <ben@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 4:31 AM, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> When I am logging to serial, the failure is the same as before -
>>> The first suspend / resume works -
>>> The second fails with AHCI not working
>>
>> And this is with and/or without the evtchn_move_pirqs() calls
>> removed? Otherwise, this might allow us at least debugging
>> that part of the problem.
>
> I am now convinced there is more than one problem:
> One is the MSI issue we are chasing here... the other seems to be a
> bit more insidious, where the system does not come back from S3 at all
> - as mentioned in the Intel bug report from the other thread.
>
> Running on serial to debug the former seems to at least mask the latter.
>
> Removing evtchn_move_pirqs() at the tip does not seem to have the same
> effect as removing them from the changeset that I bisected the problem
> to.

Odd.

> At the tip, with these changes - I observe no change in behavior -
> AHCI still has problems after the 2nd suspend/resume cycle.
> At 21625:0695a5cdcb42, with evtchn_move_pirqs() - I am able to suspend
> / resume a dozen times, or more.

As there ought to be at least some affinity break messages during
the suspend part, and I don't recall having seen any, could you -
for starters - provide a full serial log of the suspend/resume process,
with "loglvl=all guest_loglvl=all" in place? I'll then try to get to
produce a debugging patch for you to try.

Jan