Re: [Xen-devel] Early ACPI events prevent subsequent ACPI functionality on xen 4.3 + HVM domU

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 12:50:50PM +0100, George Dunlap wrote:
> On 22/05/13 12:16, Alex Bligh wrote:
> >George,
> >
> >--On 22 May 2013 11:55:03 +0100 George Dunlap

> >>Right -- so what I hear you saying is, "ACPI commands issued before the
> >>OS is paying attention are ignored."  I think that's expected behavior.
> >>
> >>I can see that "Shut this vm down as soon as possible" is a useful thing
> >>to have. The problem at the moment guest OSes can ignore signals
> >>sent too
> >>early, it doesn't really seem within the scope of libxl to work around
> >>that.
> >
> >I (now) think xl trigger power is working as well as could be expected.
> >xl shutdown has a problem (in that an early use of this
> >breaks later use), but we can avoid that by using xl trigger power
> >(or rather the libxl equivalent). So we have a workaround for this one.
>
> OK -- this will still be on our list of bugs to track, but as it's
> probably a linux issue, it may take some time to filter back into
> distributions.

There is an bug somewhere. I did this:

#xl create /pv.cfg && xl pause latest && xl shutdown latest
#xenstore-ls | grep poweroff
    shutdown = "poweroff"
#xl unpause latest
#xl console latest

and the guest continues on as if the change never happend and won't
shutdown.