Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.1 compile from source and install on Fedora 17

On mer, 2013-06-12 at 09:22 -0400, Gizmo Chicken wrote:
> Not sure if the comment is correct, but based on Comment #9 to my bug
> report, Debian/Ubuntu seems to package Xen in such a way that certain
> components (such as libxenlight.so) are installed differently compared
> to other distros.  See Comment #9 at
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libvirt/+bug/1180281

That is possible, I guess... I'm sorry, but as I said already, I know
nothing of using both the packaged version of Xen and libvirt on Debian
or Ubuntu. :-(

> I haven't spent much time with virt-manager on Fedora 19 beta, so I
> can't provide details.  But if I recall correctly, I also got
> something like "Unable to connect to libvirt" when attempting to use
> virt-manager with Xen and the XL toolstack.  XL was definitely
> running, and near as I could tell, XM/xend was not running.  I didn't
> try virt-manager with the XM toolstack.

Well, without the details, it's hard to say anything more than what has
been said already. I do test Xen on Fedora regularly, and that includes
basic libvirt (both virt-install and virt-manager) operations. Both
Fedora 18 and Fedora 19 work pretty well for me, and I haven't seen any
issues in connecting to libvirtd.

If you get the chance to try it again, feel free to ask for help,
providing all the needed details on what is that your are seeing, either
here, or on xen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, or on
virt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, or on libvir-list@xxxxxxxxxx, depending on
where you think the problem could be. :-)

Regards,
Dario