Re: [Xen-devel] xl/SR-IOV: disposition of VFs when PF disappears?

>>> On 27.10.14 at 19:07, <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2). PF removal. Currently if you try to unload the PF and the VFs
>    are in use (pciback owns them), the unloading will not happen. Until
>    all of the VFs have been de-assigned.
>    Is the "bug" here that the reporter (Intel?) wants the VFs to be
>    automatically yanked out of a guest when the system admin wants to
>    unload the PF?

No. They see the VF still listed as assignable after the guest terminated
and the PF got made assignable. The PF driver unloading, however,
should trigger all VFs (which are about to disappear) to get removed
from pciback. I hope to find some time later today to look into why (if
at all) this isn't happening right now.

Jan