Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable test] 57852: regressions - FAIL

>>> On 10.06.15 at 14:56, <ian.campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 2015-06-10 at 12:48 +0100, Jan Beulich wrote:
>> Sure we can; I just generally prefer not to bother people with
>> problems they already solved, but maybe that's the wrong approach
>> a case like this.
>
> Is the list of errata fixed by a given ucode update public? If not then
> I think we've done sufficient due diligence that we should feel ok to
> ask, even if the answer turns out to be fixed in microcode.

So I went though the errata list for that specific model; the only
one really concerning seems to be CA135 ("A MOV to CR3 When
EPT is Enabled May Lead to an Unexpected Page Fault or an
Incorrect Page Translation"). But while it would affect us, it would
quite likely make the guest crash instead of idling or being hung.

So if we're going to approach Intel with this - will you or should I?

Jan