Re: [Xen-devel] Xen on Arm Arndale Exynos5250

On Wed, 2015-11-11 at 07:26 -0600, ed sandberg wrote:
> > So does it still not work if you add a getty onto "hvc0" instead of
> > "ttySA2"?
>
> Correct, adding getty to hvc0 also does not work.

And you are either using udev or have otherwise arranged for /dev/hvc0 to
exist?

Looking back at your original arndale.log (which is still relevant, I
think) I've just noticed:

(XEN) PC:ÂÂÂÂ ffff1190
(XEN) CPSR:ÂÂ 60000197 MODE:32-bit Guest ABT

i.e. the processor has taken some sort of exception. They all have so I
think it may not just be a coincidence that it happened to be taking a trap
when you hit the debug key. What's unusual is that the LR_abt points to
what might be another trap handler, and the other LR_* point to userspace
addresses. Suggesting the kernel might have (silently) taken an ABT while
handling a userspace trap. The "silently" is odd though.

Do the Linux sysrq magic keys work? On a Xen hvc console the Alt-Sysrq or
Break equivalent is Ctrl-o, followed by a letter.

It might be worth trying a printk hack like the one described in
http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2014-04/msg03691.htmlÂb
ut TBH given the fact you are getting console output I'm not confident.

Ian.