Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC V2] xen: interface: introduce pvclk interface

On Fri, 22 Jan 2016, Jan Beulich wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 03:25:40AM -0700, Jan Beulich wrote:
> >>In particular, with the user space exposure of clock control
> >>discussed in another sub-thread, the next best option would
> >>seem to be to handle this via emulation in a device model. Yes,
> >>ARM guests currently have no qemu attached to them, but I
> >>guess sooner or later this will need to change anyway.
> >
> > I have not look into qemu for xen.
> > If using qemu, then we still need to expose the clk interface to userspace?
>
> I think so, yes. In fact - see above - the discussed userspace
> exposure made me consider this option.

I would think twice before introducing QEMU on Xen on ARM for many
reasons. I don't think that a simple clock is worth the downsides.

If we really have to emulate it, we could do that in Xen. We could have
an extremely simple clock that only takes one or two commands.