Re: [Xen-devel] Xentrace on Xilinx ARM

George,

>FWIW, on my "to-do" list for xenalyze for years has been to have the xentrace
>process query something (either Xen or Linux) to find the hz rate, and then
>write that at the beginning of the xentrace file, so that xenalyze could just
>pick that up and use it.  Since you're doing some work on xentrace / xenalyze
>anyway, you might think about adding that to your "to-do" list -- it doesn't
>seem conceptually like it would be that hard.

Since I'm in the code base anyway right now I'll give it a look. I was wondering
about that for the xenalyze hertz parameter. I had assumed initially xentrace
embedded the value somehow already. Is there any documentation as to the binary
format xentrace outputs? Or is it best just to look at the code and figure it
out? I guess the main thing would be providing a common interface for both ARM
and x86 but the common trace.c has a get frequency function that's implemented
by both so we should be able to query it and shove in the data.

>The other thing that might be useful is information about the architecture
>you're running on -- right now it assumes intel, and will crash tracing a file
>generated on an AMD box unless you specify --svm-mode.  Adding a trace record
>that indicates "Intel / AMD / ARM" would also make things a lot easier.

I didn't run into any issue with xenalyze analyzing the ARM generated trace file
(I didn't give it any special flag). What does --svm-mode modify? The endedness?
I can look quick into that as well.

Thanks,
Ben