Re: [Xen-devel] Unshared IOMMU issues

Hi, Julien.

On Mon, Feb 20, 2017 at 10:31 AM, Julien Grall <julien.grall@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello Oleksandr,
>
> On 02/17/2017 08:20 PM, Oleksandr Tyshchenko wrote:
>>
>> Hi, all.
>>
>> So, as I understand we have two possible solutions for the IOMMU page
>> table to be populated:
>> 1.  When the first device is being assigned. Retrieve all mappings
>> from stage-2 table.
>> 2.  When the domain is being created.
>>
>> I would prefer the second variant.
>

> I am happy with the second variant as long as IOMMU is not enabled by
> default when the guest will have no device assigned.
OK.

Just to clarify.
We don't need to assign devices when creating domain (at the
iommu_domain_init() time).
We just need to have some knowledge about device assignment in general
(will the guest have assigned devices or won't) .
And only in case when the guest is going to have assigned devices we
will populate IOMMU page table (call iommu_construct()).
Right?

--
Regards,

Oleksandr Tyshchenko