Re: [Xen-devel] Starting to port xen on beagleboard-x15 (GSoC 2019 project)

On 19/06/2019 15:33, Denis Obrezkov wrote:
Hi,

Hi Denis,

ср, 19 июн. 2019 г. в 14:01, Andrii Anisov <andrii.anisov@xxxxxxxxx>:

On 18.06.19 19:19, Julien Grall wrote:
Denis (the author of the thread) is doing a GSOC to port Xen on the BeagleBoard
X15. You ended up CCed because you can provide feedback how to proceed. Not
because we wanted you to implement it...

OK then.

Denis,

Feel free to contact me in case you need clarifications about the stuff.
thank you

--
Sincerely,
Andrii Anisov.

Don't forget to strip unnecessary bits of the e-mail you quote :).

So, right now I get a bit further and it seems that CPU1 was switched
to hyp mode:
https://github.com/embeddedden/xen/commit/2d76ae7aacb7c0ea7312eaddb91c3eb1e1963cc9

Nice to see some progress here! :)

Just to keep record of the discussion on IRC:

- omap5_init_secondary is the entry point to Xen and SMC #0 is called right after. There are nothing in r2-r12 that we care about, so there are no need to save/restore them. On a side note, you could not use sp because we don't know the value stored in it. So you may rewrite Xen (or any other modules).

- From the pastebin "(XEN) Generic Timer IRQ: phys=30 hyp=26 virt=27 Freq: 0 KHz". It looks like the register CNTFREQ is not configured correctly on the CPU. Looking at Linux, they have code to setup CNTFRQ (set_cntfrq) for all the CPUs (see realtime_counter_init in arch/arm/mach-omap2/timer.c and omap4_secondary_init in arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap-smp.c). In the case of Xen, I think we want to call set_cntfreq in omap5_init_time() for the boot CPU. For the secondary CPUs, we may need to introduce a callback in struct platform_desc to be called during secondary startup.

Lastly, please clean-up the code and send the patch on xen-devel. I will have a closer look at that time. Feel free to ping me on IRC if you have any doubt how to proceed.

and the output:
https://pastebin.com/3JBw6S4K

(XEN) *** LOADING DOMAIN 0 ***
(XEN) Missing kernel boot module?
(XEN)
(XEN) Panic on CPU 0:
(XEN) Could not set up DOM0 guest OS

You probably haven't set up the Dom0 kernel here. Check you u-boot runes for
this.

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall