Re: Asking for help to debug xen efi on Kunpeng machine

Hello Julien,

    Thank you for your answer! Adding console=hvc0 indeed provides kernel output serial console. Looking at the log message,
I found dom0 kernel failed to initialize a lot of device drivers (network cards, raid cards, etc).

   Is it related to iommu? I remember iommu is not enabled during the xen kernel booting stage.

Thank you again for the help and looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Jiatong Shen

On Fri, Jun 16, 2023 at 4:52 AM Julien Grall <julien@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

On 13/06/2023 02:07, Jiatong Shen wrote:
> Hello Stefano and Julien,
>
>     Could you provide more insights for debugging? I tried to connect to
> serial console through ipmitool sol activate and enabled ACPI, I do see
> some logs but the machine is still stuck. BMC video screen is still not
> responsive and black out.

Looking at your command line, you want to use console=hvc0 on the dom0
command line. Hopefully, this will enable more logs from the kernel and
give you an idea where it may be stuck.

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall