Re: [Xen-users] RE: XEN future....? RESEARCH :- Do participate.....

On Thu, 8 Feb 2007, anant wrote:
Yeah i meant by this only . To directly start VMachine with a reboot of Host
OS. i dont want to go to VMM to start up the vmachine. Well so how can i
achieve this. I mean what about this startup script. Is there any manual or
anything which could be helpful in achieving this. I dont have any idea at
the moment about how can i add startup script to the disto.

the open-source xen install provides the startup scripts /etc/init.d/xend and /etc/init.d/xendomains /etc/init.d/xend starts xend, and /etc/init.d/xendomains starts all DomUs in /etc/xen/auto/

symlink both of these into your /etc/rc startup directory (on my rhel4 box it's /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/ ) then symlink the xm config files in /etc/xen/xmconfigfile to /etc/xen/auto/ and your DomUs should start upon startup.

ln -s /etc/init.d/xend /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S98xend
ln -s /etc/init.d/xend /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/s99xendomains

(the two steps above may be different for your distro depending on how your rc is setup; this works in RHEL4)

ln -s /etc/xen/xmexample1 /etc/xen/auto/xmexample1

after you do this, xmexample1 should start when you boot up and 'xm save' when you shut down (make sure you have enough /var/ disk space to save all ram assigned to xmexample1)