Re: [Xen-users] Is Xen and Qemu serial driver code related ?

It looks like protocol related problem. I have some additional info if someone is interested.

I hooked up two boxes with serial cable. First one is WinXP on real hardware, second one virtualized WinXP on FC6. I started Hyper Terminal on both sides. Console communication is OK. Then I tried file transfer.

1. Real to virtual file transfer is good, other way not possible - using Zmodem protocol
2. Both ways file transfer is good - using Kermit protocol
If I try same thing on non virtual boxes, I don't have this problem no matter what protocol I use.

The problem is that I can't change protocol when using proprietary application (for Win only) and this special device on COM port.
http://www2.sma.de/en/solar-technology/products/communication/communication-products-software/sunny-boy-control-plus/overview/index.html
On the other way, emulated serial port is not acting the same as real one. Is this question for xen developers? Can I try anything else?

Thank you.

Aleš

Ulrich Windl pravi:
Have you tried good old kermit (to transfer files via the serial port)? Generally I'd say that your communication protocol isn't fault-tolerant, unless you have a complete lock up of the serial driver. Without knowing the details, there's little one can say.

Ulrich