Re: [Xen-users] Re: [Xen-devel] dom0 and domU /dev/urandom generating too less entropy

> Robbie Dinn wrote:
>> Keir Fraser wrote:

Thanks for your suggestions Keir and Robbie,

but it looks like /dev/urandom is used by sshd, but somewhere inside of sshd
the stream is checked against a minimum
entropy. I don't think this is a an issue by getting blocked via /dev/random.

I'll try the userspace rngd, but - as you said - this shouldn't be the
preferred method of getting more entropy into
the system.

Another thing i'll try (later at night, as the domU's are productive) is, to
configure the domU's using the same pCPU's
targetting that the pCPU's cache is filled only sub-optimal and the latency is
higher ... (maybe ;) )

I'll report here later.

Greetings

Stephan

--
Stephan Seitz
Senior System Administrator

*netz-haut* e.K.
multimediale kommunikation

zweierweg 22
97074 würzburg

fon: +49 931 2876247
fax: +49 931 2876248

web: www.netz-haut.de <http://www.netz-haut.de/>

registriergericht: amtsgericht würzburg, hra 5054