Re: [Xen-users] Boot error with 2.6.23 domU

Mark Williamson wrote:
> I've not seen a plan for the 2.6.24 merge, so I don't know if any features
> are
> being added or if work is going into other things (e.g. paravirt_ops for
> x64).

There's not a lot of new stuff for .24; I'm mostly interested in the
arch/x86 stuff, and stability.  Maybe balloon will appear.

> From what Jeremy has told me before, live migration interacts badly with
> pre-emptible kernel (a fact which the mainline folks weren't too keen on,
> which I presume is why it isn't merged yet) but should be doable in the short
> term if migration depends on !CONFIG_PREEMPT.  I think there are plans for
> how to support both together in future, if there's sufficient motivation.

Yeah, I don't think there's any clean way to do direct pagetables,
preempt and suspend-resume.  I'll probably add it as something depending
on !PREEMPT.