Re: [Xen-users] Ubuntu DomU: Cannot apt-get many packages

Alan Murrell wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 October 2007 21:26:58 Amos Shapira wrote:
>> Have you copied also the files under the /etc/apt/sources.list.d directory?
>
> There wasn't anything under that directory, but I performed an rsync of the
> entire "/etc/apt/" directpry from the host to the VM.

This is fairly off topic for this list now, but the file you care about
is /etc/apt/sources.list, not particularly the things in the
sources.list.d directory as much (in my experience)

>> When you run "apt-get update", do you get the same number of lines (more or
>> less) on both systems?
>
> I do, and no errors pop up.

Once aptitude (or apt-get) update has run, you should see the same
things via aptitude search that you normally would.

This is almost always a problem for me when I install with debootstrap,
as the /etc/apt/sources.list that you get isn't nearly as complete/long
as you get with a normal install.