Re: [Xen-users] Solaris domU dies at boot

On Fri, May 09, 2008 at 02:11:05AM -0500, Michael Jinks wrote:

> This prompted me to double check that other domU's still work after my
> upgrade from Xen 3.2.0 to 3.2.1, and that made me realize that I didn't
> have my dom0's tun/tap device loaded, something that's bitten me in the
> past.
>
> With that in place, Solaris gets further, or appears to;

I sent too soon.  The domain was sticking around, but it was apparently
because I still had "-kd" in my kernel command line, not because it was
being made happier by a tap device.

If I have the tun/tap driver loaded in dom0, "xm console" and "xm create
-c" both bail out with the "Could not read tty" message.

If I unload the tun module, I get a serial connection again, where I can
watch the kernel panic and die just like it did before.  But then my HVM
domains fail to boot.