RE: [Xen-users] disk backend performance

Hi Federico,

Am Freitag, den 28.11.2008, 10:55 -0500 schrieb Venefax:
> I really need to share a directory but don't want to use NFS, but a lower
> level, faster protocol over Ethernet that does not have the overhead of
> TCP-IP. My main partition is formatted as the root "/" and then I guess I
> cannot share a directory over AOE? An alternative would be to repartition my
> drive and break it into two separate partitions, and publish one via AOE,
> but how can I do that without reinstalling the OS?

Ahm, you also can use loopback-files, too.

mkdir /aoe-blades

dd if=/dev/zero of=/aoe-blades/blade1 bs=1M count=10000 <-- creates
10GB-File
or preferring sparse-files
dd if=/dev/zero of=/aoe-blades/blade1 bs=1M seek=10000 count=1

vblade 0 1 eth0 /aoe-blades/blade1

exports this file through aoe

> Federico

Thomas