Re: [Xen-users] disk backend performance

Thomas Halinka schrieb:
> Am Freitag, den 28.11.2008, 10:55 -0500 schrieb Venefax:
>> I really need to share a directory but don't want to use NFS, but a lower
>> level, faster protocol over Ethernet that does not have the overhead of
>> TCP-IP. My main partition is formatted as the root "/" and then I guess I
>> cannot share a directory over AOE? An alternative would be to repartition my
>> drive and break it into two separate partitions, and publish one via AOE,
>> but how can I do that without reinstalling the OS?

> Ahm, you also can use loopback-files, too.

Good point, as i did some disk i/o measurments and came to the
conclusion, that running aoe with loop devices boosts the speed
compared to real partitions in writing in my case. probably the needle
eye is cause by how things get cached/handled before writing.

--
stefan