Re: [Xen-users] disk backend performance

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 11:09 AM, Thomas Halinka <lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Federico,
>
> Am Freitag, den 28.11.2008, 10:55 -0500 schrieb Venefax:
>> I really need to share a directory but don't want to use NFS, but a lower
>> level, faster protocol over Ethernet that does not have the overhead of

if you want to share a directory, you need a filesharing protocol: NFS
and Samba are the best bets there.

on most (but not all) cases, you can get higher performance with a
cluster filesystem over a shared block device.  the shared block part
is easy: AoE, iSCSI, FC, DRBD, gnbd, etc.  but remember that you can't
use a 'regular' filesystem on top of these if you plan to mount on
more than one machine at a time!!

for that, you need a cluster filesystem: GFS, OCFS2 are the best known.

--
Javier