[Xen-users] Re: VT-D On An Asus P5E-VM DO

  • To: Christian Tramnitz <christian@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Michael MacLeod <mikemacleod@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 14:34:41 -0400
  • Cc:
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 11:35:29 -0700

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 10:37 AM, Christian Tramnitz <christian@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
While corrupted tables or checksum errors are not really the greatest thing on earth they are not neccessarily an indicator for broken functionality.
My X58 board also reports checksum errors (just like the Q35, see below) on various tables but everything is working as expected.

Do you have any USB devices connected? I had problems mit my X58 once, where I could only get DMAR correctly parsed if USB was completely disabled in the BIOS. I've got a corrected BIOS from Asus that fixed that, but haven't seen the same problem on the Q35 (P5E), but that might be just because I never used USB at all on that board...

Since disabling USB didn't work, maybe there's another option in the BIOS that's the problem. I know this is asking a lot, but can you send me the details of your BIOS settings?