Re: [Xen-users] xen storage options - plase advise

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 10:38 AM, James Pifer <jep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ok, so if I want to keep using ï"auto-growing sparse files" I would do
> this.

just a guess, but i'd bet that your current performance problems are
due to using sparse files.

In general:

- using a filesystem is a little slower than using block devices (with
LVM, partitions, raw, whatever).

- a cluster filesystem is noticeably slower than a non-cluster filesystem.

- sparse files are terribly slower than non-sparse files on any filesystem.

--
Javier