Re: [Xen-users] xen storage options - plase advise

Nobody has answered the question of disk space usage. ïLet's say I have
five Windows 2008 servers. Right now they are using file based, growable
storage.
They each have a disk0 that is growable and partitioned like:
c: = 25gb
e: = 175gb (using round numbers)

Using clvm, would I be using 1TB of storage for these five domUs?

Of course -- you aren't gaining anything magic by using one disk technology over another unless you start talking about de-duplication. If you want the benefits of the "auto-growing sparse files" that you're currently using, consider allocating the amount of storage you actually need and growing it (via lvm) as you go.

John

--
John Madden
Sr UNIX Systems Engineer