Re: [Xen-users] xen storage options - plase advise

On Thu, 2010-03-04 at 09:47 -0500, John Madden wrote:
> > I'm still left with the same questions about usage of space. Can I use
> > LVM or CLVM as one large storage repository that is mounted on each
> > dom0? Then use this space to store file based domUs?
>
> I think part of the beauty of CLVM is that you wouldn't have to resort
> to file-based domU's anymore.  You should achieve better performance
> overall by phy:'ing block devices to your domU's.  CLVM allows you to
> pass those LV's around between your dom0's in a consistent manner for
> migration and such.

Nobody has answered the question of disk space usage. ïLet's say I have
five Windows 2008 servers. Right now they are using file based, growable
storage.

They each have a disk0 that is growable and partitioned like:
c: = 25gb
e: = 175gb (using round numbers)

Using clvm, would I be using 1TB of storage for these five domUs?

Thanks,
James