Re: [Xen-users] pci device not owned by pciback.

  • To: James Pifer <jep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Sergio Charpinel Jr." <sergiocharpinel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 11:49:51 -0300
  • Cc:
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 07:51:25 -0700

James,

To get this working on boot, you need to set the pciback.hide parameter in kernel boot line. But pciback must but compiled inside the kernel (not as module). If you are using CentOS or redhat, probably it is compiled as module.
You could check $(uname -r)-config file and see the options.  CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND=y in xen kernel (dont know in pv_ops).

If these commands are working for you, just make a script for it.

2010/4/27 James Pifer <jep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Yeah, getting device passthrough to work properly for pvops kernel
> can be tricky. The iommu and swiotlb magic sound familiar, it took
> some time before i got my ivtv cards working properly as well...
>
> Good to hear you got it to work now.

Well it's working, but not solved. I can't go through all those steps
every time. I will need to figure out how to get this to work on boot. I
will try the commands you wrote in the other response and see what
happens. Maybe I will open a ticket with Novell too.

Thanks,
James

Sergio Roberto Charpinel Jr.