Re: [Xen-users] pci device not owned by pciback.

On Wed, 2010-04-28 at 11:49 -0300, Sergio Charpinel Jr. wrote:
> James,
>

> To get this working on boot, you need to set the pciback.hide
> parameter in kernel boot line. But pciback must but compiled inside
> the kernel (not as module). If you are using CentOS or redhat,
> probably it is compiled as module.
> You could check $(uname -r)-config file and see the options.
>  CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND=y in xen kernel (dont know in pv_ops).

Ok, I think I found it:

# cat /boot/config-2.6.27.45-0.1-xen | grep CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND
CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND=m
CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND_VPCI=y
# CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND_PASS is not set
# CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND_SLOT is not set
# CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND_CONTROLLER is not set

So it looks like it's compiled as a module. I added this
to /etc/modprobe.conf.local (which is what SLES wants you to use):

# hide pci card for xen passthrough
options pciback hide=(0000:0e:04.0)
options pciback hide=(0000:0e:04.1)
install mptspi /sbin/modprobe pciback ; /sbin/modprobe --first-time
--ignore-install mptspi

mptspi is the driver that was being used on the card at the host level.
Just need to try rebooting and see what happens.

Please let me know if anyone sees any issues with this.

Thanks,
James