Re: [Xen-users] Xen 4.0.1 and megaraid_sas causes I/O to hang (xen-4 + megasas(DELL 6i RAID) = Reject I/O to offline device)

On 14 Nov 2010, at 17:26, Stephan AustermÃhle <au@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> Am 14.11.2010 18:06, schrieb Mark Adams:
>
>> Hi Stephen, are you doing any pci passthrough? I have the same issue, but
>> with an Areca card, which seems to be caused by a possible irq conflict.
>> I've not got to the bottom of it yet so not using the passthrough at the
>> moment. The array doesn't go offline when passthrough is not in use.
>
> Yes and no. ;-)
>
> I was using PCI pass-through for an ISDN card but I stopped using it due
> to the system hangs (removed the 'pci' line from the domU config). At
> the moment no PCI pass-through is active and the RAID still goes offline
> from time to time.
>
> Stephan

Hi, I was doing a very similar thing, except just NICs being passed to use a
red-fone box for voip...

Have you disabled it completely from your dom0 kernel line also? (so it doesn't
show anything anymore when you do xm pci-list-assignable-devices)

I haven't done this myself as I haven't seen a hang since I shut down the vm's
that were using the passthrough, but I wonder if it might correct it.

I think something is seriously wrong in the passthrough with this kernel/xen
version....

Regards,
Mark