Re: [Xen-users] trouble installing

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 9:20 PM, Ted Brenner <griztown@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Although personally I like xrdp or NX better than vnc, the consep is
>> the same: you run it domU instead of relying on Xen's vfb.
>>

> Thanks.  How are these differ performance wise?  Is vnc through Xen faster?
> How does these compare graphically to say, running an OS in Virtual Box?

If you're going to use it for desktop/laptop then I suggest go with
virtualbox instead. It's far ahead of Xen, being able to do seamless
and scale desktop.

Acessing vnc/xrdp/nx running in a domU is no different than  acessing
vnc/xrdp/nx running in a physical server on the network. Good, but not
as good as virtualbox's seamless window.

vnc access thru domU's vfb should really only be use for
administrative purposes. Sometimes you'll get mismatched mouse pointer
or other problems.

--
Fajar