Re: [Xen-users] Debian dom0 Centos domU network xenbr0 and VNC problems

Hello,

Thank you very much for your help so far. Over the weekend I have been doing a lot of reading. I read the entire REHL Virtualization Guide and some other tutorials. I have reinstalled one of my servers with CentOS and Xen is running correctly. I am using my Ubuntu desktop environment to install a new VPS with Virtual Machine Manager over SSH.

However, when creating a new VPS I cannot select the xenbr0 network interface. Using the default virbr0 does not seem to work. During the installation process of a CentOS domU I cannot get a connection for downloading the stage2.img file. I have browsed through the Virtualization Guide again but I cannot find any answers for this problem.

Here are two screenshots of my settings in the Virtual Machine Manager:

* http://www.laissezfaire.nl/Screenshot-192.168.0.210-Host-Details.png
* http://www.laissezfaire.nl/Screenshot-New-VM.png

I successfully added my LVM group to the Storage pool of the Virtual Machine Manager. I also followed the instruction in the Virtualization Guide regarding SELinux. I set the SELinux context for the underlying block device and volume group.

Here is the output of "brctl show": http://pastebin.com/AffL98G0

Here is the output of "ifconfig -a": http://pastebin.com/jy6t6UDj

How can I use xenbr0 with the Virtual Machine Manager? I've tried adding a new device in the network configuration section but then it just uses virbr1. You cannot specify a device.

Thank you.

--
Kind regards,

Hans Vos