Re: [Xen-users] [XCP] Host Disabled, License expired, Can't renable

>The reason nobody was responding is we've all had this problem and we all fixed it the >same way (or we keep pushing the expire date out) which has already been mentioned. >Replacing ALL of the instances of expiry with a later date works. You need to get all >instances in all hosts though or it will just show up again.

Hey, thanks again for the response.
One of the things that is always difficult to convey to other forum users is when you've diligently searched out a matter and attempted the fixes that are common sense based and otherwise well documented. In my case, I was doing this, but I wasn't getting the result expected. I believe it had something to with the fact that I have ha enabled.
I disabled ha, shutdown xapi on both hosts, modified the dB on both hosts and restarted xapi. That did it!
Thanks for your patience and responses.

This question comes up about once every 30 days (when the licenses expire) and it's answered every time. After a while you start hoping someone else will answer it this time. I understand that if you don't search for the right thing you won't find the answer. I've had to do this license hack 3 times recently and every time I googled "xcp license expired" and the first link is usually the one I want. I can never remember the location to the xapi file.

Grant McWilliams