Re: [Xen-users] [XCP] Host Disabled, License expired, Can't renable

Grant McWilliams  wrote:

> > Any takers on this? i've googled and searched old threads and they always
> > seem to end with someone having to reinstall which is not possible for me
> > at the moment.
>
> I don't even know how I got into this state. I always thought XCP was free so
> I ignored the license warnings from XenCenter not thinking that my hosts
> would actually be disabled.
> There isn't any point in reinstalling if I'm just going to encounter the same
> problem again :/ Was it because i was using XenCenter? If XenCenter wasn't in
> the picture, would my host have been disabled?
>
> Thanks again..
>

>The reason nobody was responding is we've all had this problem and we all
>fixed it the >same way (or we keep pushing the expire date out) which has
>already been mentioned. >Replacing ALL of the instances of expiry with a later
>date works. You need to get all >instances in all hosts though or it will just
>show up again.

Hey, thanks again for the response.
One of the things that is always difficult to convey to other forum users is
when you've diligently searched out a matter and attempted the fixes that are
common sense based and otherwise well documented. In my case, I was doing this,
but I wasn't getting the result expected. I believe it had something to with
the fact that I have ha enabled.
I disabled ha, shutdown xapi on both hosts, modified the dB on both hosts and
restarted xapi. That did it!
Thanks for your patience and responses.