Re: [Xen-users] HVM help please

I am going to consolidate my answers here to try and make this easier
to follow.

from the  HVM help please - wrong GRUB entry? thread  -
from Ian:
Can you get a system up and running using stock Debian packages, without
pci passthrough, just as a proof of concept? That will make it easier to
switch out the kernel and other changes individually.

yes I can  - will just take me a little while today.  I will get you
the results once it's completed.

Have you run a memory tester? memtest86+ or similar?

Yes - have actually run it multiple time just cause this seemed so
much like a hardware problem - Everytime, no errors
I will run it again tonight overnight to make sure.  If you don't feel
this is needed please let me know.

>From this thread :
Did you reboot into this hypervisor before installing xen-qemu?

Yes - I was in my desired hypervisor when I got the error that
reminded me I needed the xen-qemu-dm package.

Either serial console http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_Serial_Console or if
that isn't an option then a digital photo of the screen (you might want
to add noreboot to the hypervisor command line to give yourself time to
take the photo).

I will do the noreboot and get you as many screenshots as I can.

As a additional note  -  When I was getting some of the information
last night, it seems that it only does the kernel panic when the
xen-pciback.hide is on the command line in grub.cfg.  I will do more
testing to confirm this and let you know.
This could be the difference with this machine and the others I am
running since this one is the only one I am doing the vga passthrough.
 If I get a chance I have my desktop running a VM on it that I can try
and do passthrough on and see if it replicates.  Only problem is I
can't do any testing till after 5 Mountain time (US).

--
Shane D. Johnson
IT Administrator