Re: [Xen-users] ARM: Xen on Vexpress

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 16:39:51, Julien Grall wrote:
> On 06/11/2014 04:10 PM, Ian Campbell wrote:
> > And just to be clear we are talking about the load address of the
> > kernel within the dom0 IPA space, aren't we? Not the host address
> > where the kernel is loaded to be passed to Xen (it doesn't matter
> > what that is really).
>
> > I remembered to had a similar issue on the Arndale a while a go.
> > Linux is unable to allocate memory because either:
> >         1) Linux is considering your memory is part of highmem
> >         2) virt-phys is again bogus?
>
> I think we can safely ignore the latter one as Xen 4.4 has a
> workaround to avoid it (see commit 6c21cb3 which as been revered on
> upstream).
>
> For the former one, Linux is checking the memory in
> sanity_check_meminfo (arch/arm/mm/mmu.c). You might want to check if
> you have in your log message such as "Ignoring RAM"/"Truncating RAM".

Yes, I did have them when compiled without HIGHMEM, but went away when I
enabled it. What is more suited - highmem enabled or disabled?

Did you manage to work this problem around?

--
Jeenu

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are
medium.  Thank you.

ARM Limited, Registered office 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ, Registered
in England & Wales, Company No:  2557590
ARM Holdings plc, Registered office 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ,
Registered in England & Wales, Company No:  2548782