Re: [Xen-users] HTPC + DUAL PC In one

I've got an FX-8320 in my desktop over-clocked to 4.0 GHz, 8 'cores', 1
thread per-core, 125W TDP, and on every benchmark I have tested it with,
it out-preforms a dual processor Xeon E3-1286 v3 (3.7GHz, 4 cores, 2
threads per core, 88W TDP) server I work with at my job, even when I
force the AMD processor down to 1.4GHz.  The Intel server cost more than
4x as much as the desktop system, takes up more than 3x as much space
(based on volume), uses more than 2.5x as much power, and still can't
beat the AMD desktop system.

Just as an Aside, using virtualization for a HTPC system is probably not
the best option.  I would personally suggest looking into a board based
on the AMD E1-2100 (1.0GHz, 2 cores, integrated Radeon HD 8210 GPU),
it's more than sufficient for an HTPC or lightweight (non-gaming)
desktop, can be passively cooled, and you can get Mini-ITX boards based
on it (including CPU and GPU).