Re: [Xen-users] Make World Error Code 2

On Mon, 2015-03-30 at 08:36 -0300, Carlos Gustavo Ramirez Rodriguez
wrote:
> >On Thu, 2015-03-26 at 11:38 +0000, Ian Campbell wrote:
> >> This seems to confirm that the LC_ALL trick I mentioned earlier in
> the
> >> thread should have worked. I suppose something causes it not to for
> some
> >> reason, very odd.
> >
> >So I can investigate this further please could you tell me what
> running
> >the "locale" command outputs in your configuration which reproduces
> this
> >issue.
> This is my locale output:

Thanks. I cannot reproduce on Debian with:
        $ LANGUAGE=pt_BR:pt:en LANG=pt_BR.UTF-8 locale
        LANG=pt_BR.UTF-8
        LANGUAGE=pt_BR:pt:en
        LC_CTYPE="pt_BR.UTF-8"
        LC_NUMERIC="pt_BR.UTF-8"
        LC_TIME="pt_BR.UTF-8"
        LC_COLLATE="pt_BR.UTF-8"
        LC_MONETARY="pt_BR.UTF-8"
        LC_MESSAGES="pt_BR.UTF-8"
        LC_PAPER="pt_BR.UTF-8"
        LC_NAME="pt_BR.UTF-8"
        LC_ADDRESS="pt_BR.UTF-8"
        LC_TELEPHONE="pt_BR.UTF-8"
        LC_MEASUREMENT="pt_BR.UTF-8"
        LC_IDENTIFICATION="pt_BR.UTF-8"
        LC_ALL=
        $ LANGUAGE=pt_BR:pt:en LANG=pt_BR.UTF-8 make -j12
        $ LANGUAGE=pt_BR:pt:en LANG=pt_BR.UTF-8 make defconfig

My guess it that your distro is more up to date and translates something
extra which breaks things.

One last question, which of LANG, LANGUAGE and LC_* you are setting
manually (i.e. which appear in the output of "env")? And are you doing
it in ~/.bash_profile, ~/.bashrc or via a display manager e.g. gdm does
it?

Ian.