Re: [Xen-users] OVMF and XEN - hangs on boot with pci-passthrough, not saving settings

Hello James, all,

Yes, course XEN is compiled with ovmf path, and as I mentioned above,
have tried 2 versions of OVMF - both from XEN's GIT, and latest
upstream OVMF from it's own repository.

Both are booting fine with XEN without PCI passthrough, but regardless
of EFI boot partition (0xef00 GPT, or 0xef MBR) it doesn't save
values. I've seen file created in root of this partitions - but still
not able to save values neither from UEFI itself, nor with
efibootmanager under Linux.

And this is really minor problem.

Still not received an answer about PCI devices with UEFI ROM BIOS
passthrough, which is a major problem, or how to get debug output from
OVMF.

I'm very interested to make separated OVMF binary and pflash image for
EFI variables, work in XEN.
As far as I understand from mentioned thread, this is what Andrew told
about. In this case it would be possible to test different OVMF
modifications without recompilation of XEN.

Regards.
  Alex