Re: [Xen-users] Xen 4.12 DomU hang / freeze / stall under high network/disk load

On 2/14/20 4:21 PM, Glen wrote:
> Additional thoughts/comments/guidance welcome and wanted if it occurs
> to you or anyone!

Iirc, you'd mentioned you were hosting on OpenSUSE Leap 15.1?

If that's the case, I'll simply chime in with some heuristic hand-waving ...

Here, running hosts on openSUSE had for a long while suffered with frequent,
but unfortunately still intermittent, instabilities.  Not dissimilar to some of
the behaviors you've enjoyed.

When I switched to openSUSE Xen 4.13.0_04 packages with KernelStable (atm,
5.5.3-25.gd654690), Guests of all 'flavors' became *much* better behaved.

Did I ever find a specific cause? No.  But, for me, the combo's been a reliable
in-production solution (of course, NOW i've jinxed it!).  The issues that
remain are mainly old-hardware-specific quirks that upgrades generally seem to
make vanish.

Yes, I know others are certainly running problem-free with distro-release
Xen+Kernel, so take that ^^ all with necessary grains of salt!