Re: [Xen-users] Xen 4.12 DomU hang / freeze / stall under high network/disk load

On 2/17/20 9:37 AM, Glen wrote:
Anecdotal informational item for entertainment value only:

I had said previously that I had loaded about 2.5TB of data onto my
guest machine, and was testing by trying to rsync (and then tar'ing)
all that data from the test guest to an external source.   I was
running multiple jobs simultaneously to try to simulate the heavy load
that was clearly causing my production machines to stall

Under 4.12, my guests would crumple after 24-36 hours of this type of loading.

Under 4.10, my guest has been up now for 68 hours and - after about 64
hours, the above transfers *completed*.  This has never happened.  No
guest under 4.12 has ever survived 4+ simultaneous transfers of 2.5TB
of data since I encountered this problem.  They would all stall well
before the transfers could complete.  In contrast, under 4.10, my same
guest ran at (subjectively) about half the load average, and the
transfers all completed, in their entirely, without any stalls.

4.10 + which kernel version, just to confirm?