Re: Opam package publication (was Re: [Caml-list] [ANN] beta-release of OPAM)

Le mardi, 22 janvier 2013 Ã 16:46, Thomas Gazagnaire a Ãcrit :
> Homebrew use the concept of 'taps' where people can register alternative
> repositories, which will contain domain-specific packages (ocaml uses to have
> one before being integrated in the main repo). Doing that for OPAM is (I
> think) a bit overkill.

Well to me it seems that opam already has the concept, tap = repo (or maybe I
don't understand what a homebrew tap is).

> However, I'm happy to have a REPOSITORIES file at the root of
> OCamlPro/opam-repositories which lists the available repositories, and write
> a small script to automatically sync with these repo regularly. Feel free to
> add your repository in there, and I'll write the update script.

Feels like a step in the right direction to me. But I don't think it's a good
idea to make it fully automatic or at least something sensitive should be done
to handle potential conflicts.

Best,

Daniel