Re: Opam package publication (was Re: [Caml-list] [ANN] beta-release of OPAM)

Le mardi, 22 janvier 2013 Ã 17:35, Alain Frisch a Ãcrit :
> Concretely, I guess that publish a repo means setting up a server
> somewhere. I don't think that everyone can easily do that or want to
> invest so much effort only to submit a single package.

Concretely it means being able to publish text files available over http which
these days doesn't feel like a huge problem. It goes along with your package's
homepage (I personally wouldn't anyway use a package that hasn't any web
presence in some way).

Best,

Daniel

P.S. My perspective is also certainly biased as I currently develop/maintain
around ten packages and expect this number to grow in the future. The smallest
modular unit of functionality approach has a bureaucratic cost and I try by all
means to minimize it.