Re: Mirage Hello World (Re: Building mirage-www)

[ why was anil@xxxxxxxxxxxx CCed on this thread? that's an invalid e-mail ]

On 11 Sep 2013, at 09:19, Richard Mortier <Richard.Mortier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> On 10 Sep 2013, at 17:28, Phiho Hoang wrote:
>
>> hph@ubunxen:~/mirage-skeleton$ sudo make run-basic
>> cd basic && mirari run --xen
>> /bin/sh: 1: mirari: not found
>> make: *** [run-basic] Error 127
>> hph@ubunxen:~/mirage-skeleton$
>
> i believe this is to do with how sudo cleans the environment, including PATH,
> before it executes a shell. try changing the makefile so that it executes
> "sudo mirari" rather than having to "sudo make". (there are better ways to
> fix this too, i'm sure.)
>
> ultimately i guess mirari itself should attempt to acquire necessary privs to
> do what it needs to do...

I'm fixing this slightly differently in my Mirari rewrite -- the generated
binary now links to a UNIX library that implements the logic for it to
self-fork and acquire its privileges.  This should reduce the coupling on
Mirari for anything beyond build, and leave deployment other scripts.

Mirari 2: Coming To A Repository Near You Soon (tm)