Re: [MirageOS-devel] Should the xen build of Solo5/MirageOS boot on EC2?

Hi Dan,

I’m building some software that aims to make it easy to run unikernels on the
major cloud platforms. For MirageOS, Solo5 seems to be a super simple way to
make that happen - on GCE anyway.  A few quick commands and you’re good to go.
It would be great to be able to do the same on Xen based clouds like EC2 and
Rackspace.

>>  Have you considered using the "xen" target (PV) for EC2?
PV seems to be discouraged by Amazon and HVM appears to be the future.
https://www.opswat.com/blog/aws-2015-why-you-need-switch-pv-hvm
Everything I work on is HVM based.

>> I don't have plans to do it.
If you feel inclined at any point to bring in the Xen drivers I’d be happy to
test on EC2. MirageOS/Solo5 would be a good deployment story on almost all
clouds.

thanks

Andrew