Re: [Wg-test-framework] AB approved HW cost as per proposal

Paul L. George writes ("Re: [Wg-test-framework] AB approved HW cost as per
proposal"):
> I was using TELNET as a generic term for remote access.

Oh good :-).

> I'll configure and load all the servers.  All I need is the OS and
> instructions as what goes on what server.

As I say, Debian wheezy i386 on the two main servers.  We are going to
run Xen on them so it would be a good idea to install the Debian Xen
packages.

I think Debian wheezy amd64 would be the right OS for the other
servers.

> Before we move the servers to the CoLo I would like the main servers and at
> least 8 test severs up and running.

Right.  Your proposal to bench-test the test machines by running up a
test install is probably sensible.

The alternative would probably be to wait until we had enough of
osstest running that we could use it to do autoinstalls but that would
probably take too long.

> Ideally I would have the whole configuration running at least individually
> before racking the equipment.  It is so much easier to work on hardware
> problems when the servers are on the bench.

Yes, indeed.

We should have a conversation about how things should be plumbed
together (network, serial, VMs, etc.)  Should I write up a plan ?

thanks,