Re: [Xen-devel] AFS-based VBD backend

On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 06:54:18PM -0800, Steve Traugott wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 01:38:53PM -0000, Ian Pratt wrote:
> > Interesting. Is 2.6 OpenAFS support being actively worked on? Who by?
>
> Not sure how mature it is, but there's been a good deal of 2.6
> experience reported on the openafs list; it appears to be working, at
> least on the client side, at least for some folks.  I'm guessing we'll
> see it official early in OpenAFS 1.4.X.

It is not likely that OpenAFS 1.4 will be released before support exists for
Linux 2.6.  It is currently fairly well supported in the 1.3.x series, but one
major feature that is lacking on Linux 2.6 is PAG support.  That is currently
being worked on though.  Right now, most of the active Linux OpenAFS developers
are working on stabilizing the Linux 2.6 support.

        Kris