Re: [Xen-devel] ARP problems in -testing?

I just tried this on a dedicated server located at thePlanet in Texas; I think this is an issue that combines the following:

- No MAC address specified causes a random MAC address to be selected at domain create time

Well, I can confirm this was the culprit of my problems: Xen was selecting random MAC addresses at startup. I have fixed the problem by manually and statically setting a predefined MAC address in the domain config file:

vif = [ 'mac=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX' ]

Now, the MAC address is always the same and thus I don't need the ugly ping hack.

this is good, but if I start multiple domains, like this

        xm create vm4-bproc vmid=1
        xm create vm4-bproc vmid=2
        xm create vm4-bproc vmid=3
        xm create vm4-bproc vmid=4

then I'll end up with 4 copies of the same mac. Is there some way to tie mac generation to vmid ?