Re: [Xen-devel] suspend operation in XEND

> So when does the event channel between the backend & front end drivers
> break during suspend operation in XEND ??

The event channel itself will get destroyed when the domain is destroyed
(after the domain's contents are saved).  From the guests PoV, no teardown of
event channels or shared memory occurs before suspend - it all gets sorted
out on resume.

> Also when is the NETIF_INTERFACE_STATUS_DISCONNECTED status sent to
> the front-end driver? I see code in the front-end driver that
> processes this status type which results in the front-driver going to
> a suspend state (like unregistering IRQs etc)

Interfaces go through various states.  During normal operation, these look
like the following:
* DISCONNECTED -> CLOSED -> CONNECTED when an interface is attached to the
domain
* CONNECTED -> CLOSED -> DISCONNECTED when an interface is removed.  In this
case, the interface is in the CLOSED state when the DISCONNECTED message
arrives, so this is the final disconnect for the interface

If the interface is in the CONNECTED state and a DISCONNECTED message is
received, it means that the connection with the backend has been broken for
some reason (e.g. the domain migrated to a new host, the backend driver
domain was rebooted, etc).  When this happens, Xend will send this message to
the domain.

If the guest sees this then it must go through the DISCONNECTED -> CLOSED ->
CONNECTED transition again, talking on the control interface to set up shared
memory and bind event channels with the new backend.  At this point, it also
frees resources associated with the old device channel that are no longer
needed (e.g. old IRQs).

HTH,
Mark