Re: [Xen-devel] Driver domains and hotplug scripts, redux

On Tue, 2012-01-17 at 09:30 +0000, Roger Pau Monnà wrote:
> 2012/1/17 Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> > On Mon, 2012-01-16 at 17:58 +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> >> Roger Pau Monnà writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] Driver domains and hotplug
> >> scripts, redux"):

> >> There has to be a user option to ask for a "very forceful" detach.

> >> I think xend is not going to go away in 4.2, unfortunately.
> >
> > However xend should not be transition to this new scheme but should
> > continue to use its existing scripts in the current manner.
> >
> > There was a conversation last year[0] about how a toolstack could
> > opt-in/out of the use of the hotplug scripts. We decided that toolstacks
> > should have to opt into the use of these scripts, by touching a stamp
> > file.
>
> I'm not sure this solves our problems, since this doesn't disable udev
> exactly, it disables hotplug scripts entirely, but they are needed
> from libxl also (my approach uses the current hotplug scripts).

Sure, I wasn't sure exactly what approach was being planned.

> Also, if both xl and xend are running,

That is not a supported configuration so I don't think we should concern
ourselves unduly with it.

Lets fix xl to work how we want it and then we can look at ways of
making sure that nothing changes if you are using xend.