Re: [Xen-devel] [help] How to install xen with my own kernel on grub2?

Oh yeah I start a domU !
I think the problem is: xend  and /etc/init.d/xend
this two commands seems different.
 if I use /etc/init.d/xencommons start    and /etc/init.d/xend start, no error comes any more. (however, there should be a "nothing to flush" but I don't see it. hmm...maybe there is still something wrong here)

The old way I create a domU is use "xm create". This way still works, but when I try the new xl command: "xl create", it ask me to stop xend first.
We don't need xend anymore in Xen 4.2?

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 3:44 PM, Wei Liu <wei.liu2@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 03:31:27PM +0800, Li Yechen wrote:

> > Use '/' to search for "xen" you will get all the config options.
>
> all the options with "xen" is Yes or Module
>
> That's why grub2 script cannot create the correct entry. You need to copy
> > the .config file to /boot and rename it to config-yourKernelVersion.

Right. Grub2 needs to grep kernel config to determine whether that
kernel is Xen-capable (which is pure madness IMHO) -- see
/etc/grub.d/20_linux_xen.

> Great, I copy the .config to /boot , run grub2-mkconfig and see the entry
> of my kernel !
> but that bug of  xen.lowlevel.xc.Error still happen.

Check if you have
/dev/xen/{privcmd,evtchn,gntdev,xenbus,xenbus_backend,gntalloc}.

My suggestion would be that you have all Xen drivers compiled in, not as
modules.

Wei.