Re: [Xen-devel] Xen Platform QoS design discussion

>>> "Xu, Dongxiao" <dongxiao.xu@xxxxxxxxx> 05/29/14 2:46 AM >>>
>I think Jan's opinion here is similar to what I proposed in the beginning of
>this thread.
>The only difference is that, Jan prefers to get the CQM data per-socket and
>per-domain
>with data copying, while I proposed to get the CQM data per-domain for all
>sockets
>that can reduce the amount of hypercalls.

I don't think I ever voiced any preference between these two. All I said it
depends on
prevalent usage models, and to date I don't think I've seen a proper analysis
of what
the main usage model would be - it all seems guesswork and/or taking random
examples.

What I did say I'd prefer is to have all this done outside the hypervisor, with
the
hypervisor just providing fundamental infrastructure (MSR accesses).

Jan